notes from VLA
Too busy to write a narrative, but here are my notes from the sessions I attended at VLA! I’ll add links to the session presentations once they’re posted on the VLA site.
- Motivation 101 with Nan Carmack (slides here)
- Motivation 3.0: doing a task for the love for the task
- In order to motivate your employees, you need to do 3 things: your motivational strategy must develop, involve, and validate your employees
- How to involve your staff?
- Think of things that would motivate you to be more excited about your job
- Think of things your department could implement that would help motivate
- No one can make you feel unmotivated without your consent
- Free Tech Tools for Better Library Instruction by Jennifer Whicker, Kathy Shields, and Amy Pace
- Teens Can Read, But What Comes After the Young Adult Titles (slides here)
- Display of adult crossover books in YA section
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.